All electric power for Caterpillar’s FG Wilson manufacturing plants in Northern Ireland is supplied by Airtricity, a renewable electricity that develops and owns onshore and offshore wind farms.
This is Caterpillar’s first production site to be 100 % supplied by renewable electricity. The companies say the facilities will reduce CO2 emissions by approximately 11,000 tons per year.
CAT was also one of the original members of the U.S. Climate Action Partnership, a group of companies and environmental groups that have called on the federal government to enact strong legislation to regulate greenhouse gases.
- Top 5 Best Places For Wind Power
- Windpower: Renewable Wind Energy
- Reliance Power Bonus : 3 Free Shares For Every 5 Held
- India’s first power plant using the Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC)
- Reliance Power – biggest and most-hyped in the world plummeted
- Power of Compounding benefits: The Rule of 72
- “The InfoTech 100″ Companies 2008
- The Amazing Power of Compound Interest
- What is 100 Basis Points (BPS) ?
- Panasonic to set 100 exclusive stores to compete Sony India