Pic: Bombay House, the headquarters of the Tata Group (1926).
‘Bombay House‘, the headquarters of the Tata Group — has a fascinating piece of history. In the early 1900s, a plot of ground was put up by the Bombay Municipality for sale in Bombay and purchased by the Tatas.
George Wittet, who once a consulting architect to the government and who later joined the Tatas as the head of the then Tata Engineering Company Limited, constructed a building that was completed in July 1924. That became the ‘Bombay House’, the headquarters of the Tata Group.
The Tata empire today is one that has touched almost every aspect of Indian life.
- Rs 1 lakh car, Jaguar can co-exist: Tata
- Many faces of Tata Group of Companies
- Will TATA secure Jaguar and Land Rover off Ford’s hands?
- Tata cars are the worst passenger cars in South Africa : Survey
- Tata’s small car : Difficult to stick to the price of Rs 1 lakh
- Reliance Jewelry – Reliance Retail’s entry to Jewelry biz
- TCS Billion Dollar Breakthrough Contract
- Indian Firms shines in Forbes Asia’s “Fabulous 50″list
- Shopping time! Corporate India is on acquisition spree