On June 27, 2008, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will withdraw his “day to day” duties of the world’s largest software company that he co-founded, along with Paul Allen, in 1975 — – But he would remain Microsoft’s Chairman, adviser – and its largest single shareholder.
After July 27 he will focus mainly on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and its work in health, vaccines, education and more. Founding “MicroSoft” with his friend and fellow billionaire Paul Allen in 1975, the story of Microsoft’s success is legendary.
“I’m not leaving Microsoft,” Gates said, he had no plans to give up the distinction of being the company’s largest shareholder.
The move will end an era at Microsoft, which Gates founded.
- Forbes List : Bill Gates No Longer World’s Richest Man
- Reliance bill pay
- Emirates Kozhikode operations from July,1 2008
- Wipro Infotech to manage Pantaloon outlets IT operations.
- First day of the summer
- UBS gets RBI clearance to start banking operations in India
- After IIMs, IITs propose fee hike from June
- Women’s Day – MARCH 8
- Yahoo big investors may back Microsoft
- Leap Year Day- Today February 29