Apple, Inc.’s iTunes Store becomes America’s top music retailer surpassing Wal-Mart for the first time ever, according to an NPD MusicWatch Surve.
NPD gave Apple’s iTunes Store 19 % of the music market and Wal-Mart 15 %.
Over 50 million people use iTunes to download music, which is proof of the distinct change in music retailing. The shift to digital music by Apple and competitors such as Amazon and MySpace is changing the industry.
- KM Music Conservatory launched, learn music from A R Rahman
- Myspace Launches Online Music Service
- Andhra Pradesh cuts sales tax on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) to 4%
- Rediff iShare : Share your videos, music with your friends
- Wal-Mart Around the Globe : Raw Data
- Hyderabad Airport Theme Music by A R Rahman
- Why Wal-Mart has to partner with Bharti in India?
- The Executive Behind Wal-mart in India
- Wal-Mart’s Wholesale Entry in Trouble
- Wal-Mart to sell only Blu-Ray DVDs, not HD DVDs