Is your website fast enough ? Check out Page Speed, you can evaluate the performance of your web pages and get suggestions on how to improve them. These tests are based on a set of best practices known to enhance web page performance. By using Page Speed, you can make your site faster.
Page Speed is an open-source Firefox/Firebug Add-on. Page Speed evaluates performance from the client point of view, typically measured as the page load time.
The best practices are grouped into five categories for the page load optimization:
- Optimizing caching
- Minimizing round-trip times
- Minimizing request size
- Minimizing payload size
- Optimizing browser rendering
When the page is analyzed using Page Speed, this toll displays the list of web performance best practices and the page’s score on each one, sorted by importance/priority for this page.(see below picture which I performed for a website)
Page Speed performance scores
Page performance will be displayed in any of the following scores
- High priority
- Medium priority
- Working fine or low priority
- Informational messages only
Try Page Speed and share your thoughts.
- Load, Web Server Performance Testing with Apache Bench
- Internet Connection Performance/Speed Test
- Firefox Extensions to Improve your Productivity
- Adding .html to WordPress Page URL
- Check Website for Malware using Google Safe Browsing Page
- How to create WordPress Custom Database Error Page
- Tips to improve your Gas Mileage
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Childrens Reading Skills
- Google Web Elements – Embed Google products on your Blog or Website
- Web 2.0: What Does It Mean?