Do you want to add sticky post feature to your WordPress’s blog ? Sticky Posts feature will place the new or published post at the top of the front page without changing the timestamp. In WordPress 2.7 Sticky Posts is a built in feature which has Sticky Posts check box on the write screens and also in Quick Edit screen. This is one of the cool new features in WordPress 2.7.
How to Turing a Post into a Sticky Post in WordPress 2.7
While addign a new post you can enable this feature by clicking Visibility (Edit) –> check the box “Stick this post to the front page”
If you have published a post already and you want to enable this option, you can do so by simply clicking the Posts -> Edit link, then click the “Quick Edit” link.
Quick Edit screen
If you have published a post already and you want to enable this option, you can do so by clicking Visibility (Edit) –> check the box “Stick this post to the front page”
Sticky Posts in prior WordPress Version
If you have a wordpress version prior to WordPress 2.7, you can consider using the plugin WP-Sticky. To Display The Post Sticky Status put code inside the wp loop. Read here for more information about the this plugin.
- WordPress User Roles Explained
- India Post enters into Foreign Exchange market
- Kontera WordPress Plugin
- Twitter WordPress Plugin
- Top 10 Twitter Tools For Your WordPress Blog
- The Best WordPress Permalink – Maximum SEO benefit
- Must Have WordPress plugins
- How to Backup WordPress Database
- How to create WordPress Custom Database Error Page
- Ways To Make Money On the Internet